ATTENTION: Since cooking is a rarity in my household nowadays, my beloved Mama has decided to create this delicious and hearty homemade dish! Talk about hard (needed) work on a rainy day! Simple, healthy, & full of Omega-3!
(VERY) Simple Rice Vermicelli in Seafood Soup recipe
ALL YOU NEED (serves 1)
A cooking pot
4 cups of water
Seafood of your choice (What’s in here is salmon, squid, & chicken breast)
White tofu (Soft or hard – depending on your preference)
Chinese salted vegetables, about 6 slices
1 sliced tomatoes, cut in 8 pieces
Half of a ginger, sliced
A handful of coriander
Salt & pepper to taste (optional)
Chicken stock (optional)
- Pour about 4 cups of water into the cooking pot & wait for it to boil. When it’s bubbling, put in a teaspoon or two of chicken stock for taste. In my Mama’s recipe, she added a piece of salmon head with some flesh in it for a sweeter seafood aftertaste.
- Boil the soup for about 5 minutes and add the sliced ginger, tomatoes, salted vegetables.
- After a minute, add in your rice vermicelli, choices of seafood & white tofu. The reason why these three ingredients are added in last is because they cook really quick and you wouldn’t want them to be too soft.
- Taste the soup and if it’s too bland for your liking, add in some salt & pepper.
- Garnish your dish with a handful of coriander on top. Pour it out into a bowl, serve & enjoy!